News Desk, Amar Ujala, New Delhi
Published by: Surendra Joshi
Updated Tue, 28 Jun 2022 07:46 AM IST
hear the news
The wait for monsoon in North and West India has become longer. With several weather systems being active, there is a possibility of good rainfall in the next one or two days. Light rain is expected in Delhi and adjoining areas in the next 24 hours. This can provide relief from the humidity and heat.
According to private weather agency Skymet, many weather systems have become active in Gujarat, Rajasthan and Arabian Sea. These will have an effect on the monsoon. In the next two days, conditions are favorable for further advance of Monsoon into parts of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, parts of Gujarat, Rajasthan, remaining parts of Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Rain expected here today
- Between June 29 and July 2, there may be good rains in many areas of Delhi and NCR. A yellow alert has been issued for this period.
- Light to moderate rain with isolated heavy falls very likely over parts of Gujarat, Interior Maharashtra, South Madhya Pradesh.
- Heavy rain is possible at two places over Telangana, South Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Andaman and Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Uttarakhand.
- Light to moderate rain is possible over Northeast India, parts of Bihar, Odisha, West Madhya Pradesh, parts of East Rajasthan, Saurashtra and Kutch, Telangana, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- Light rain is possible at one or two places over Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal and Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
Know when the monsoon will reach the rest of the states
- According to the Meteorological Department, monsoon has reached many states of the country. It will reach the rest of the states also in the next few days. States like UP, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan etc. have predicted heavy rains in the coming days.
- On the other hand, there is a possibility of rain for five days in Goa, Karnataka etc.
- Heavy rain is expected in West Rajasthan on 1st July, Uttarakhand on 30th June, East Rajasthan on 27th and 28th June.
- It will rain in western Uttar Pradesh. At the same time, there is a possibility of heavy rain in Himachal Pradesh on June 29 and 30.
- Rain is expected in Uttarakhand till June 29.
- It will rain in East Uttar Pradesh between 28 to 30 June.
- Rain may occur in West Madhya Pradesh between June 29 and July 1.