hear the news
This year Amar Ujala’s highest word award ‘Akashdeep’ for writing and overall contribution to life will be given to eminent story writer Shekhar Joshi in Hindi and Pratibha Rai, an eminent writer of Oriya in non-Hindi languages. Born on 21 January 1943 in Jagatsinghpur Odisha, Pratibha Rai was given this honor for enriching Indian literature and culture through extraordinary Odia creation and Shekhar Joshi, born on 10 September 1932 in Almora district, was given this honor for his outstanding contribution in the field of Hindi fiction writing. Will happen. Kannada, Marathi and Bangla languages have been taken along with Hindi under Akashdeep, this year Oriya has been selected.
A writer should know what he is writing, because writing is an act bound by social responsibility. – Shekhar Joshi
Before writing in any subject, it is necessary to expose yourself to the subject. In life, you have to mold yourself accordingly. – Pratibha Rai
In honor of the collective dream of Indian languages, the Amar Ujala Foundation has instituted Shabd Sammans.
- The highest ‘Akashdeep’ ornamentation is offered to each literary scholar of Hindi and other Indian languages. The ornamentation includes an amount of five lakh rupees each, a citation and a Ganga statue as a symbol.
- In this sequence, the highest honor has been given to Vishwanath Tripathi, Gyanranjan and Namvar Singh for Hindi and Girish Karnad (Kannada), Bhalchandra Nemade (Marathi) and Shankh Ghosh (Bangla) for non-Hindi languages.
The Amar Ujala Shabd Samman will soon be presented in a ceremony.
- Best Work Award: Due to the circumstances of Corona under the word Samman-22, the best Hindi works published in the combined year 2020-21 were taken for consideration. These honors include one lakh rupees each, citation and Ganga statue.
- Imprint: Poonam Wasam’s collection ‘Machhliyan Gaayengi Ek Din Pandum Geet’ in poetry category, Sudhir Chandra’s work ‘Bhupen Khakhar.. An intimate memoir’ in non-fiction category and Chandan Pandey’s book ‘Vaidyahi Gulp’ in fiction category.
- Thap (first book by an author): Anushakti Singh’s work ‘Sharmishtha’ will get respect.
- Bhasha-Bandhu (Translations in Indian Languages): Ashutosh Garg for Hindi translation of Nadia Murad’s English work The Last Girl.
…those who tested
- Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari (Eminent Critic)
- Leeladhar Jagudi (Eminent Poet)
- Pankaj Bisht (Eminent Storyteller)
- Maitreyi Pushpa (Eminent Novelist)
- Suraj Prakash (Writer, Translator)