hear the news
A farmer died in a clash between villagers and police in Khedar of Haryana’s Hisar district. Several protesters, including policemen, were also reported injured. The deceased farmer has been identified as 56-year-old Dharampal, a resident of Khedar village, Didara. The administration has not yet confirmed the death.
The police dispersed the crowd using water cannons and tear gas shells. Both the protesters and the police suffered injuries in the clash. The injured have been admitted to hospital.
It is being told that there was a fierce clash between the protesters and the police. During this, the police lathi-charged. Let us inform that since 86 days, the villagers are going on a sit-in in front of the Khedar Power Plant. On Friday, the villagers were going to jam the railway track. The police tried to stop the villagers by putting up barricades. In the meantime a clash broke out.
Clashes also took place on the 42nd day of the movement
The Gaushala Sangharsh Samiti is on strike for 86 days. Clashes also took place on the 42nd day of the movement. On this day too, the police had lathi-charged the agitators and lobbed tear gas shells. The police had also used water cannons on the angry people. Six people were injured in the scuffle by the police. Two people, including a woman, suffered serious injuries. The clash took place when the villagers were going to lock down the Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Plant in Khedar.
this is the whole controversy
The members of the Goshala Sangharsh Samiti are agitating for the demand to give the work of lifting the ashes to the villagers from the management of the thermal plant. Villagers say that this work covers the cost of the cowshed. The cattle are also fed. The plant management has taken a beating on the arrangements of the gaushala by handing over the work of ash lifting to someone else. In this case, it was announced to continue the sit-in till the demands of the committee were not met.
Events in Points
- Controversy over the ashes of Khedar Thermal
- Villagers going to jam the railway track of thermal clashed with police
- Controversy over moving ahead by breaking barricades
- Clashes broke out between protesters and police, police resorted to lathicharge
- Police also fired water cannons and tear gas shells
- Several protesters and police received injuries in the clash
- DC Dr. Priyanka Soni and SP Lokendra Singh reached the spot
- The injured were admitted to the hospital
- Villagers’ picketing was going on in front of Khedar Power Plant for 86 days
- Farmers’ Mahapanchayat was also organized today
- Many farmer leaders including farmer leader Gurnam Singh Chaduni had also reached