hear the news
The good news is, the number of malnourished Indians has come down from 24.78 crores to 22.43 crores in 15 years. The number of stunted children below 5 years of age has come down from 5.23 crores to 3.61 crores in eight years. Similarly, the number of obese children has also come down from 30 lakhs to 22 lakhs. These revelations have been made in the latest report of the United Nations. Several inaccuracies have also come to the fore in the report. In the year 2019, about 53 percent of girls aged 15 to 49 years are said to be anemic, they are anaemic.
He prepared the report
UN agencies, the Food-Agriculture Organization, the International Fund for Agricultural Development, UNICEF, the World Food Program and the World Health Organization. This shows a decline in malnutrition among 22.43 crore Indians in 2019-21 as against 24.78 crore in 2004-06, but the number is still quite large. Malnutrition has come down from 21.6 percent to 16.3 percent of the total population.
- 30.9% children weak
- In 2012 the number was 41.7 percent
- Obesity was found in 1.9% of children, 8 years ago this figure was 2.4 percent
- 1.40 crore newborns were exclusively breastfed till the age of 5 months in 2020, in 2012 the number was 11.2 million.
Nutritious food: 70% are not getting
- 97.33 crore people are not getting nutritious food. This is 70 percent of the total population.
- This number was 946 crore in 2019, 100 crore in 2017 and 966 crore in 2018.