hear the news
The opposition is attacking the government regarding the new scheme of the central government for army recruitment. On Monday, TMC chief Mamata Banerjee and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi targeted the Center over this. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee urged the central government to increase the retirement age of soldiers recruited under the Agneepath scheme. On the other hand, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said that the Modi government is making its friends rich and youths as agniveers.
Mamta targeted the center
On Monday, TMC leader Mamata Banerjee hit out at the central government, saying the BJP-led central government had launched a new defense recruitment scheme keeping in mind the 2024 Lok Sabha elections. He said that my aim is to create more and more jobs unlike the BJP. They are training people for four months and recruiting them for four years. What will these soldiers do after four years? What will be their fate? It is uncertain. We demand that the retirement age be raised to 65 years (under the Agneepath scheme). Earlier, Mamata Banerjee had earlier claimed that the BJP was using this scheme to build its armed cadre base.
Rahul Gandhi targeted
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Monday took a jibe at the BJP over the Agneepath scheme, alleging that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is making his friends “daulatveer” by handing over airports for 50 years, while the youth are on four-year contracts. Agniveer is making.
In a tweet, Rahul Gandhi said that the Prime Minister is making ‘Daulatveer’ by handing over the country’s airports to his friends for 50 years, while making the youth ‘Agniveers’ on a four-year contract. Congress party is conducting satyagraha for youth against Agneepath across the country. This satyagraha will not stop till the youth get justice.
Congress did Satyagraha
It is worth noting that today Congress leaders and workers have also organized ‘peaceful satyagraha’ in all the assembly constituencies demanding the withdrawal of the new army recruitment scheme. Earlier, on June 20, the Congress held a peaceful satyagraha on the issue at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi as well as in various states. Congress MPs also took out a peaceful march from Parliament. Besides this, a delegation of senior leaders submitted a memorandum to President Ram Nath Kovind requesting him to withdraw the controversial plan.