Dilip Kumar Death Anniversary: Dilip Kumar (Yusuf Khan) has left an indelible mark on the Indian film industry and film-lovers for generations to come. Today, even though a coin of three Khans runs on the film industry, but the first super Khan of the industry was Dilip Kumar. Please tell that the real name of Dilip Kumar was Yusuf Khan.
Dilip Kumar has ruled the hearts of cine lovers for more than 6 decades and even after his departure, he rules the hearts of the fans. Dilip Kumar has delivered some of the most memorable classic hits of cinema that have set box office records. It is very difficult to include these films in one list.
Today, being Dilip Kumar’s first death anniversary, we are going to tell you about a special box office record. The record that Dilip Kumar holds, may not be with anyone in Bollywood but in any Indian film industry. You will be surprised to know that Dilip Sahab is the only actor in India who has delivered at least one real hit at the box office for 15 consecutive years from 1947 to 1961 – something that neither Shah Rukh Khan nor Salman Khan and Neither has Amitabh Bachchan or Dharmendra. Truly a tremendous achievement, especially in Bollywood, where actors are happy to deliver clean hits at least once every 2 years.
Check out the superstar’s hit-machine record over the years, with all the box office numbers and verdicts, below:
- 1947 – Firefly – Collection Unknown [फैसला: हिट]
- 1948 – Martyrs – Collection Unknown [फैसला: हिट]
Fair – Collection Unknown [फैसला: हिट]
- 1949- Andaz – Collection Unknown [फैसला: हिट]
Shabnam – Collection Unknown [फैसला: हिट]
- 1950- Babylon – Rs. 70 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
Jogan – Rs. 62 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
Arzoo – Rs. 45 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1951 – Deedar – Rs. 80 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1952- On – Rs. 1.50 crore net [फैसला: ब्लॉकबस्टर]
Stain – Rs. 80 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1953 – Footpath – Rs. 55 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1954 – Amar – Rs. 50 lakh net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1955 – Udan Khatola – Rs. 1.10 crore net [फैसला: सुपरहिट]
- 1956 – Azad – Rs. 1.50 crore net [फैसला: सुपरहिट]
- 1957 – New Round – Rs. 2.25 crore net [फैसला: ब्लॉकबस्टर]
- 1958 – Madhumati – Rs. 2.00 crore net [फैसला: ब्लॉकबस्टर]
Yahudi – Rs. 1.00 crore net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1959 – Paigham – Rs. 1.40 crore net [फैसला: सुपरहिट]
- 1960 – Mughal-e-Azam – Rs. 5.50 crore net [फैसला: ऑल-टाइम ब्लॉकबस्टर]
Kohinoor – Rs. 1.50 crore net [फैसला: हिट]
- 1961 – Ganga Jamna – Rs. net of 3.50 crores [फैसला: ब्लॉकबस्टर]
Dilip Kumar not only gave one hit in the year but also gave two hits in a year and this cycle continued for 15 years simultaneously. Of course, seeing this record of Dilip Sahab, one has to believe that he was the first superhit Khan of the industry.